I had a webinar on "Practical PMP with Micrsoft Project 2013/2010" on 16th April, 2015. The session was of 1 hour duration.
- What is “Practical PMP”?
- Advantages of “Practical PMP” over “Traditional PMP’ Program
- Process Groups, Knowledge Areas, Processes covered in PMBOK and MS Project
- How to be a Practical PMP, i.e., both Certified PMP and Certified MSP
- How Microsoft Project 2013/2010 helps a Project Management Professional (PMP)?
- PMBOK and MS Project - An overview of Time Management
The focus on the session in understanding Practical PMP and how knowing both PMBOK and MS Project helps you in your professional career. It is not only theory (PMBOK) that is important, but also knowing how to apply theoretical principles with a practical tool like MS Project and whereever needed MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Here is a small video on it (2m:03s) :
For a longer format, you can see the below video which has detailed discussion on it followed by Questions/Answers. (~60 minutes - 1h:01m:44s):
Time Management Knowledge Area from PMBOK has been used a reference to explain how Practical PMP helps a current or aspiring Project Management Professional.
|Time Management - PMBOK Guide Vs MS Project 2013/2010|
During the Question and Answer session, to explain for some of the concepts, MS Project 2013 has been used for demonstration, e.g., for Baseline, Resource Rate etc.
You may also like:
- Complete Course on Practical PMP with MS Project
- Whitepaper - PMBOK 5th Edition with MS Project 2013 - A Practical Guide (Time Management)
- Whitepaper - PMBOK Guide 5th Edition and MS Project 2010 - A Practical Step-by-Step Approach (time Management)
- Recent Updates - Practical PMP (PMBOK) with MSP (MS Project) - Updates Post Mumbai, India and Mexico City, Mexico Sessions