I am delighted to announce the public availability of the book for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) examination preparation:
'I WANT TO BE A CAPM - The Plain and Simple Way to be A CAPM'.
This book is based on the PMBOK® Guide 6th edition. This book is in continuation of the "I Want To Be..." series of books in project management domain. This blogpost is a formal declaration of the book going public.
Over years, I’ve interacted thousands of professionals from various organizations. A common question is this:
What to go for – CAPM or PMP certification?
That’s the dilemma faced by many professionals when they want to build a career in project management. Organizations also want to know which will help their employees to be proficient in project management, preferably in a short period of time.
So, this book is for professionals:
- Who find PMP exam to be time consuming. The CAPM exam, on the other hand, is much easier and will take much less time.
- Who find PMP exam to be hard. Because many professionals find the PMP questions to be complicated and requires a lot of effort. The questions in the CAPM exam are quite straight.
- Who want to have a good understanding of the PMBOK Guide.
To be a CAPM professional, you need to have a good understanding of the PMBOK guide. This is your only reference guide.
- Who don’t the qualify pre-requisites needed for the PMP exam or have little to no experience in project management. But they want to build a career in project management. In one of its options, CAPM certification doesn't ask for any project management experience - you only need to have 23 formal hours of education.
- Who have been asked by their organizations or potential recruiters to be a CAPM. The CAPM credential is recognized and valued within project management community.
There are many other management professionals, including certified CAPMs and PMPs, who I’ve never met, but interacted in last 10 years over calls, webinars, emails and other mediums. Your inputs have made the book better.
Thank you to all of you.
Key Features of This Book - "I Want To Be A CAPM"
- In-line with the PMBOK Guide, 6th Edition and the Examination Content Outline (ECO) for CAPM Exam.
- 500+ practice questions, including 2 full-length question sets and many chapter end practice questions. These questions are specifically designed for aspiring CAPMs and in compliance with the CAPM-ECO.
- 30 Process and ITTO exercises with over 240 questions focusing on the processes, inputs, tools and techniques and outputs (ITTOs). This is excluding the 500+ practice questions and one of its kind to remember the ITTOs.
- 100s of Tips to crack the CAPM exam. This includes inputs from the many successful CAPMs.
- Videos and Flow diagrams on critical areas for your CAPM exam.
- High simplified content and language. The book focuses on what you need to know for the CAPM exam and written in an easily understandable content.
Overall Content of the Book
- Number of Chapters: 15
- Number of Pages: 682
- Excluding pages for questions, number of pages: 464
- Number of Questions: 508
- Number of Full Length Question Sets: 2
Two full length question sets, each with 150 questions and detailed answers
(total 300 questions and answers)
To know the breakdown content of the book, please check the below index (partial one). The detailed index is part of the book.
Index of the Book
The partial index of the book is shown below (Embedded Document) You can scroll to see the content.